With the globalization of business, it is becoming increasingly common for companies to have their customers, workers, and assets spread across the globe. While this is healthy for a company’s reach and their bottom line, it poses unique challenges when it comes to interacting with customers and workers and managing other assets. LocationSmart understands the unique position people like Enterprise Application Developers face operating in today’s technologically advanced business environment, which is why they offer their advanced Location-as-a-Service (LaaS) platform to bake into unique service offerings.
LocationSmart’s cloud-based platform enables unparalleled Location Awareness when it comes to supplying location data from a diversity of available sources. Enterprise application developers can leverage LocationSmart’s robust API to gain greater visibility into their connected devices, such as smart phones, tablets, laptops, desktops, machine-to-machine (M2M), and the Internet of Things (IoT). The service is secure, delivers data in real-time, and there is no need for an app to be installed on the devices, ensuring complete ease of use for your customers and workers. The platform can be applied to enable:
- Geo-targeted communications
- Security management
- Online fraud prevention
- iGaming and iLottery regulation compliance
- Copyright protection and digital rights management
Efficiencies available through LocationSmart’s cloud-based platform can be used to quickly more easily locate, communicate with, and maintain the security of customers, workers, and assets virtually anywhere in the world.
LocationSmart for Your Customers
Location awareness through LocationSmart helps you build solutions to more effectively connect with your customers wherever they are and no matter what device they are using. This is particularly important considering the number of connected devices the average person around the world uses per day is expected to be over 6.5 by 2020. Furthermore, although large companies have had a global reach for decades, but now even small- and mid-sized companies enjoy a global customer base – with an ever-growing range of device types and connectivity options.
Thanks to internet technology, online payment systems, and automation in the supply chain and logistics industry, it is easy to service stakeholders just about anywhere, no matter what type of connected device they use. Adding Location Awareness allows you to do the following:
- Send geo-targeted advertising and content that is relevant, personal, and perfectly timed. Not only is the information or offer itself reflective of the location; it can also be delivered in the local language, using the local currency, and can reveal promotions and products that can be found right where your end users are.
- Confirm device details when connecting with customers to help verify their identity in real-time. Receive a device threat assessment based on identity, behavior, and device analytics to help detect potential hackers and malicious actors, in turn helping you protect your business against cybercrime.
- Help ensure compliance with local iGaming and iLottery regulations with Location Awareness. Geofencing makes it possible to ensure that users can only access restricted services when they are in the appropriate location. Through real-time updates, once they leave an authorized location, they can be denied access to ensure protection throughout their online session.
- Keep track of customers who are away from their home region to ensure that any financial transactions are legitimate to mitigate occurrences of fraud and make legitimate transactions more convenient- thus enhancing revenue and customer satisfaction while limiting losses due to fraud.
- Protecting copyright by ensuring the licensing and distribution of digital content is in compliance with licensing restrictions and regulations based on location.
LocationSmart for Your Workers
The use of remote workers and teams is growing at a phenomenal rate. A report published by Upwork, the world’s largest freelance platform, reveals that 63% of American companies use remote teams. More and more companies are basing themselves in developing countries, with close to 50% of the biggest companies in the world estimated to be based in emerging economies by 2025. These companies have offices and employees all over the world and the average global employee uses 2.3 devices every day to ensure their work is completed.
In addition, there are the shipping companies, logistics companies, and suppliers that have workers and goods constantly on the move. By leveraging LocationSmart’s platform to gain location awareness for their applications, Enterprise Application Developers can create cloud-based solutions to track workers around the world, ensuring they are at or en route to the required location.
You can locate connected devices almost anywhere in the world using CDMA, WCDMA, LTE, GSM, and Wi-Fi-only – without GPS required.
LocationSmart for Your Assets
Many companies, particularly those in the shipping, logistics, and transportation industries, have assets spread across the globe. Location Awareness through LocationSmart gives you the ability to manage these assets without needing to worry about where they are and what they are doing. The Location Awareness is enabled through LocationSmart’s Global Site ID (GSID) solution, a cost-effective way to keep track of assets regardless of location using network intelligence. GSID makes use of IoT and M2M communications and logistics and transportation apps to collect geolocation data to help locate any device capable of reporting cell site or Wi-Fi access point identity information. This will allow you to keep virtually constant oversight over connected assets so you can:
- Ensure full and adequate fleet management by tracking vehicle and container locations. You will always know where they are and how close they are to their destination, giving you an accurate ETA. You will also see if those assets are following their regular or predefined route or whether they have gone off-route.
- Get status updates on shipments in real-time. This allows you to keep your customers informed as to the status and ETA of their shipments.
- Know where an asset is when it goes down and is in need of repair, maintenance, or replacement.
- Optimize shipping and delivery so time on the road is minimized and productivity is improved.
The Bottom Line
Constant and consistent connection is required in today’s fast-paced world. When you can integrate location awareness into a system that connects with customers 24/7 in real-time, you can offer them the level of service they have come to expect. When you can leverage a cloud-based location platform for your remote or mobile workforce, you can gain greater visibility and control over their activities to enhance productivity, safety, security and customer service.
Location Awareness through LocationSmart’s innovative cloud-based API platform helps developers ensure their company is at the leading edge of location-based services. LocationSmart provides service to Fortune 500 companies and can support the world’s billions of connected devices in more than 200 countries across the globe using the most comprehensive set of available cross-network location data, making it the largest LaaS provider in the world.
For more information or to speak with someone at LocationSmart about their services, please visit https://www.locationsmart.com or contact email@example.com.